This list was compiled by Exeter Hospital Cancer Center and should not be considered a comprehensive list. Inclusion of a provider or service does not imply endorsement. You may have need of additional recommendations for a different geographical area and we encourage you to reach out to the Cancer Center where alternative resource information can be provided as available.
(see also Mental Health; Peer Matching and Support Groups)
(see also Peer Matching and Support Groups)
(See also Support Groups & Workshops)
- Wound and Ostomy Care Services
- Ostomy Support Group: Meets the 1st Wednesday of every month (September-June) from 4:30pm to 6pm. If interested in attending contact Exeter Hospital Help Center for more information and to register at 603-580-6668.
- Imerman Angels - Your one-on-one Cancer Support Community
- Cancercare - Patient and Peer Matching. Find support by connecting with other people who are coping with similar concerns and issues related to cancer.
- Cancer Hope Network - Support from diagnosis, through treatment and into survivors.
- American Cancer Society - Cancer Survivors Network - Online chat rooms, discussion boards.
- Lung Cancer Alliance - If you appreciate the convenience of support from survivors and caregivers, Lung Cancer Alliance offers several options to connect.
- LUNGevity - LUNGevity offers the largest online network of support and in-person survivorship programs for all people affected by lung cancer.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Peer-to-Peer Support
- Breast Cancer Helpline - Living Beyond Breast Cancer...with you, for you.
- Reach to Recovery - (Visit with a volunteer cancer survivor that are face-to-face or by phone)
- ZERO - The end of prostate cancer, support for men living with prostate cancer.
(see also Peer Matching
- To register or for more information, call 603-580-7084.
- Multiple Myeloma, Leukemia and Lymphoma Support Group - 2nd Tuesday of the month from 3:00-4:00 p.m. Open to anyone with these diagnoses as well as their spouses. Please contact 603-580-7304
- Ostomy Support Group
- My Breast Cancer Support online support group
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/NHOH Londonderry support groups
- Cancer Survivors Network (American Cancer Society Online Support)
- Prostate Cancer Coalition of NH Support Groups Some locations: Dover, Concord, and Manchester
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Norris Cotton Cancer Center Support Groups - Manchester, NH For other locations
- Southern NH Health Support Goups in Nashua, NH
- CancerCare - Online and telephone support groups Call 800-813-4673
- Support for People with Oral and Head and Neck Cancer (SPOHNC) No local chapter in NH, Danvers, MA would be the closest SPOHNC chapter - National SPOHNC organization does outreach cookbook and many other resources.
- Mass General Hospital: Lung and Esophageal Cancer Support Group Join others in a supportive environment where you can explore important issues that matter when coping with lung and esophageal cancers. Contact: Natasha Johnson, Oncology Social Worker, 617-726-1045
- Healing Garden Center (Harvard, MA)
- Living with Breast Cancer
- Art Therapy at Exeter Hospital
- Smith Center for Healing & the Arts
- CancerCare.org Support Groups
- Quit Now New Hampshire - You can quit tobacco...QuitNow-NH can help!
- American Lung Association - Join Freedom From Smoking.
- Smokefree - Quitting is a journey. On thi site you'll find support, tips, tools, and expert advice to help you or someone you love quit smoking.
- American Cancer Society - Stay away from tobacco. Whether you're a smoker, someone who uses smokeless tobacco, or someone trying to help a friend or loved one, you'll find the information you need in this section.