Quality and Patient Safety
Throughout its 120 year history, Exeter Hospital has endeavored to provide the highest possible level of care to all of its patients. We recruit and retain the most highly qualified staff; provide them access to leading edge state of the art technology; and support them so that they can provide the deeply personal level of care, comfort and support each patient deserves at a true community based hospital.
At Exeter Hospital we are committed to making access to quality data a little easier. On this page we will post information and links to a variety of our accreditations, awards and quality rankings. We will update it as more information becomes available and we will also share our own current information when it is appropriate and available.
There is a lot of information publicly available and it can be confusing and even occasionally contradictory, so we encourage you to talk to your physicians, providers or nurses if you have specific questions or concerns. Our goal is to make sure you are safe and comfortable while we care for the health of you and your family.
For questions about the data or links shown below please call our Senior Director of Quality and Patient Safety at 603-580-6902.
If you have a question about the care you or a loved one received as a patient please call our Patient Relations Coordinator at 603-580-6913.
*Note: 2017 Infection Data has been reported to the CDC but is not yet publically available.
- Hand hygiene (cleaning hands with soap and water or using an alcohol based hand sanitizer) is the most effective way to prevent the spread of infections, including healthcare associated infections.
- Healthcare workers should clean their hands before and after caring for every patient.
- Patients, family, and visitors should also practice good hand hygiene.
- Excellent hand hygiene is an organizational priority for Exeter Hospital.
- Exeter Hospital monitors hand hygiene compliance through direct observations. Certain employees are trained to watch how well staff practice hand hygiene.
- Learn more by viewing our short video below, Clean Hands Count.
Third Party Rating Agencies
Learn More >