At Exeter Hospital, Inc., we understand that health care expenses are often unexpected and paying for these services may be overwhelming. We want to help. We offer various programs for patients who are unable to pay for all or part of the cost of their care.
Financial Assistance Program (FAP)
Exeter Hospital‘s community –based Financial Assistance Program is available to uninsured and under-insured patients who meet income and asset guidelines, and who live in our service area. To qualify, patients must first have applied for all other sources of coverage, including through the Healthcare Exchange and the New Hampshire Health Protection Program
Where to Get an Application
- Print the Financial Assistance Application
- Call the Patient Accounts Office and ask for one to be mailed to you (603)580-6627 M-F 9:00am-4:00pm
- Pick up an application at any registration desk at Exeter Hospital or at the Patient Account Office located at 7 Holland Way, 2nd Floor, Exeter, NH
- Application and Plain Language Summary are available in English and Spanish.
Criteria for Financial Assistance
- Before any financial assistance is granted, you must have already exhausted all other sources of payment including insurance, public assistance, litigation, third party liability, and Med Pay.
- Family income and assets fall within Exeter Hospital’s Financial Assistance Guidelines
- You must be receiving emergency or medically necessary care.
- You must live in Exeter Hospital’s Service Area
Exclusions for Eligibility
- Cosmetic procedures
- Infertility and surrogacy services;
- Services denied by your insurance company (i.e. prior authorization, medical necessity)
- Services deemed by your insurance company to be experimental
How to Apply
You can apply for help before receiving services or up to 240 days after you have received your first statement. You must submit a complete FAP Application, along with required documents to the Patient Accounts Office at:
Exeter Hospital – Patient Accounts
7 Holland Way, 2nd floor
Exeter, NH 03833
Financial Assistance Application
Financial Assistance Application (Spanish Version))
Exeter Hospital’s Financial Assistance Guidelines
||Combined Income and Assets Less Than
Exeter Hospital’s Service Area – To receive assistance, you must live in one of these towns:
Catastrophic Care Discount
This discount provides financial relief for those patients who do not qualify for our Financial Assistance Program, but who are faced with a substantial debt due to a serious illness or injury. This discount is calculated based on a percentage of the patient's gross income.
Exeter Hospital PriceLine & Patient Charge Estimator
The hospital offers a dedicated PriceLine for patients to call, or an online Patient Charge Estimator, to provide patients with cost estimates and charge information for procedures and services offered within Exeter Hospital. If you are interested in receiving an estimate or need additional information or assistance, call the PriceLine at (603) 580-7605.
Uninsured Care Discount/Hospital Access Plus Program
Patients who are uninsured will not be charged more than amounts generally billed to people who have insurance covering the same care. Exeter Hospital, prior to billing the patient, applies a discount towards gross charges for patients who are uninsured. This discount is not valid for patients who have health insurance coverage, including but not limited to: Medicare, Medicaid, MedPay, third party liability, or any other state or federal programs.
Exeter Hospital, Inc., also participates in the following statewide programs:
NH Health Access Network (NHHAN) - Download instructions/application
For more information please view our policies, or contact a Financial Representative in our PatientAccounts Office. All inquiries are strictly confidential.
Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary (Effective 4/1/18)
Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary (Spanish Version) (Effective 4/1/18)
Financial Assistance Application (Spanish Version)
Financial Assistance Full Policy
Financial Assistance Full Policy (Spanish Version)
Bad Debt Collection Policy
Bad Debt Collection Policy (Spanish Version)
Exeter Hospital Patient Accounts Office is located at :
7 Holland Way 2nd Floor
Exeter, NH 03833
Hours of Operation:
Walk-ins: 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday
Phones: 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m., Monday–Friday