Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic
If you‘ve recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, the Multi-Disciplinary Breast Clinic at Exeter Hospital’s Center for Cancer Care offers personalized treatment from a collaborative team of experts at the forefront of cancer care.
Breast cancer has many facets and every person is different. Therefore, each treatment plan has to be carefully tailored to meet individual needs. The Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic at Exeter Hospital streamlines the evaluation process. Our team of experts accomplishes this together with you and your family – all in one day.
Your multidisciplinary team of specialist includes leading medical hematologist/oncologist and radiation oncologist from the nationally recognized Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, and has experts across the full range of diagnosis, treatment and recovery: surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, plastic surgeons, nurses, patient navigator, dietitians, social workers, physical therapists.
- Reduce anxiety, increase convenience: Ordinarily, meetings with surgeons, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, and others can take weeks to complete. We schedule our consultations in a single afternoon. We’re the only treatment center in the region to do so.
- Ask questions, get answers: During the appointment you and family members can listen, learn and discuss your concerns with several oncology specialists.
- Get second opinions: Second opinions are built into our multidisciplinary approach. You and your family can feel confident you’ve investigated all the treatment options.
- Develop a plan quickly: At the end of the session, the oncology team collectively gives an opinion for the best course of treatment for you and your family.
- Act promptly: Once a plan is developed, our team is ready to implement treatment in a timely manner.
- Consider the whole person: The Center for Cancer Care sees you as a person whose emotional and spiritual concerns need attention as well. Our plans address all facets of your treatment needs.
When possible, our breast cancer patients can have Hidden Scar™ Breast Cancer Surgery, in which the surgeons treat the cancer while preserving the natural shape of the breast and minimizing scarring in visible locations.
Breast Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT) – The Center for Cancer Care at Exeter Hospital is one of a limited number of hospitals around the country to offer IORT for breast cancer, a new treatment option in which radiation treatment can be administered in a single dose at the time of surgery.
Nurse Navigator: For more information, please call Cheryl Bougie, BSN, RN, OCN
at 603-580-6914 or email@example.com.