Total Joint Replacement at Exeter Hospital
Recipient of HealthGrades® Joint Replacement
Excellence Award™ for 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement in 2013
- Ranked #1 in State for Joint Replacement in 2013
- Rated "5" Stars by HealthGrade® for Joint Replacement in 2013
- Rated "5" Stars by HealthGrade® for Knee Replacement in 2013
- Rated "5" Stars by HealthGrade® for Hip Replacement in 2013
Total Joint Replacement at Exeter Hospital provides a comprehensive, patient-driven surgical process assisting patients to regain mobility and relieve pain. Our recovery and rehabilitative program is designed to help patients achieve their maximum potential following joint replacement. The focus is on attending to our patients' needs from the moment surgery is scheduled through the completion of the rehabilitation process. Choosing to undergo total joint replacement can be a big step. We understand and we'll be with you, every step of the way.
Total Joint Replacement surgery is one of the most common and successful treatments for certain types of arthritis in the hip or knee. The most common cause of pain is osteoarthritis, which occurs when the cartilage between bones wears away. Arthritis deteriorates the joints surrounding cartilage, causing great pain, immobility and stiffness. Joint Replacement surgery replaces the deteriorated joint and cartilage with artificial joints created with the latest technology.
A Single Point of Contact
We provide the convenience of a single point of contact from surgery through recovery. Each patient is assigned an Orthopaedic Care Specialist to take the patient from start to finish. Our patient centered approach results in:
- The highest level of patient care and planning with a streamlined health delivery process
- A unique, individual and personalized treatment approach
- Better coordination and efficiency of the patients' surgical experience before, during and after hospitalization
- The reduction or elimination of unnecessary steps and inconvenience
An Experienced Team
The team of the Total Joint Replacement at Exeter Hospital, delivers treatments that are innovative, advanced, and in many cases unavailable anywhere else in the seacoast region. Our goal is to provide the best medical care and streamline recovery so patients are back on their feet as soon as possible. Our team of skilled professionals includes:
- An Orthopaedic Care Specialist to assist with care from start to finish
- Surgeons specializing in hip and knee joint replacement
- Highly trained and specialized orthopaedic surgical team
- Orthopaedic Nurse Case Manager for your inpatient stay and homebound transition
- Specially trained and certified Orthopaedic Care Nurses
- Physical and Occupational Rehabilitation therapists
Meet Exeter Hospital's Joint Replacement Surgeon:
Thomas McGovern, MD of Core Orthopaedics speaks about joint preservation, when is the right time for joint replacement, and the joint replacement process.
Who We Are
The Orthopaedic Specialists of the Total Joint Replacement at Exeter Hospital blend modern technology with compassionate care to provide the latest in diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for the patient. This center of excellence is a result of strong patient outcomes because of advanced diagnostic capabilities, state of the art treatment, an integrated team approach, a strong rehabilitation program, monitoring of quality standards and an emphasis on patient education.
State of the Art Orthopaedic Surgical Suites and Advanced Technology
One of the newest advances in joint replacement is computer assisted surgery using navigation equipment for joint replacement. Thomas McGovern, MD is the only orthopaedic surgeon in the region to employ this technology which allows the surgeon to accurately track, analyze, and monitor instruments to an individual's anatomy during a surgical procedure, which in turn enhances the patient outcome. Joint Replacement surgery is performed in our new state of the art and dedicated orthopaedic surgical suites.
Read the article in the Advance for Nurses magazine written about computer assisted orthopaedic surgery at Exeter Hospital.
In the News:
- Making Strides on Joint Replacement (SeacoastOnline.com, January 2014)
- High-tech Imaging and Navigation Revolutionize Orthopaedic Surgery (New Hampshire Magazine, July 1, 2010)
- Don't Let Heel Pain Slow you Down (Healthy Perspectives, Winter 2010)
- Exeter Hospital Awarded Blue Distinction Center of Excellence for Knee and Hip Replacement(SM) (PR Newswire, February 10, 2010)
- Spengler Joins Core Physicians (Foster's Daily Democrat, October 20, 2009)
- Rapid Recovery for Total Joint Replacement (Healthy Perspectives Magazine, Spring/Sumeer 2009)
- Total Joint Replacement with Rapid Recovery (Monthly Physician Column - Atlantic News, March 13, 2009)
Other Services Provided by Our Affiliates: