If you‘ve recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, the Multi-Disciplinary Breast Clinic at Exeter Hospital’s Center for Cancer Care offers personalized treatment from a collaborative team of experts at the forefront of cancer care.
Breast cancer has many facets and every person is different. Therefore, each treatment plan has to be carefully tailored to meet individual needs. The Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic at Exeter Hospital streamlines the evaluation process. Our team of experts accomplishes this together with you and your family – all in one day.
Your multidisciplinary team of specialist includes leading medical hematologist/oncologist and radiation oncologist from the nationally recognized Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, and has experts across the full range of diagnosis, treatment and recovery: surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, plastic surgeons, nurses, social workers, physical therapists.
Our treatment center is the region's most advanced cancer center. It is the only program in New Hampshire to receive an outstanding achievement award from the American Academy of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer.
- Reduce anxiety, increase convenience: Ordinarily, meetings with surgeons, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, and others can take weeks to complete. We schedule our consultations in a single afternoon. We’re the only treatment center in the region to do so.
- Ask questions, get answers: During the appointment you and family members can listen, learn and discuss your concerns with several oncology specialists.
- Get second opinions: Second opinions are built into our multidisciplinary approach. You and your family can feel confident you’ve investigated all the treatment options.
- Develop a plan quickly: At the end of the session, the oncology team collectively gives an opinion for the best course of treatment for you and your family.
- Act promptly: Once a plan is developed, our team is ready to implement treatment in a timely manner.
- Consider the whole person: The Center for Cancer Care sees you as a person whose emotional and spiritual concerns need attention as well. Our plans address all facets of your treatment needs.
Electronic Brachytherapy – A new treatment for women with early stage breast cancer, electronic brachytherapy decreases the exposure to radiation and is delivered over a much shorter treatment time.